Telecommunications Technician will perform repairs and maintenance on telecommunications equipment including, but not limited to desktop and laptop computers, tablets, laser printers, desktop printers, smartphones, external mass storage devices, Local Area Network troubleshooting, analog and digital modems, layer 2 switches, in-house plant cabling, and Wi-Fi devices. The Telecommunications Technician will also use test equipment such as a Fluke LAN/WAN meter, tone tracer, and data recovery software. The Technician will perform security patches on the maintained images. The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of:
• Microsoft software, the entire suite to Windows 10
• Test Equipment for diagnostic testing and troubleshooting
• The analysis and troubleshooting of ethernet connectivity issues.
• The analysis and troubleshooting of in-house plant cabling such as copper and fiber.
• The analysis and troubleshooting of Wide Area Network connections issues.
• TCP/IP protocol
• EIA/TIA 568 cable standards
• Microsoft's Active Directory structure
• Interpret schematics, blueprints, and floor plans.
• perform rapid restoration of laptop and desktop computers through imaging.
• Use independent judgment and decision making.
• Project planning and implementation
Completion of 60 semester credits to include 15 semester credits in a computer related field and two year of experience in the installation, maintenance or repair of personal computers and related equipment are required; Completion of a vocational or trade school program in the installation, maintenance or repair of personal computers and related equipment along with two year of experience in the installation, maintenance or repair of personal computers and related equipment are required; or High school diploma or GED and three year of experience in the installation, maintenance or repair of personal computers, VOIP systems and their network protocols, Cable TV maintenance and repair. Must possess a Driver license.
Miami-Dade County offers fringe benefits that include full medical, dental, vision and disability insurance, optional 457 pre-tax savings plan, optional flexible spending accounts, 14 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, contributory membership in the Florida Retirement System, physical fitness center and day care.
Resumes and other information submitted in response to this advertisement are public records pursuant to Chapter 119 Florida Statutes. Hiring decisions are contingent upon results of a background check and pre-employment physical including alcohol/drug testing.
Applicants must apply online no later than April 16, 2021 at: Miami-Dade County Jobs to JO# 63160 .
- provided by Dice