San Antonio, Tx
Mon.-Fri. 7:00am-4:00pm or 8:00am-5:00pm
High School diploma
Using data collected from field crew personnel, as Telecommunications Planner your high attention to detail and technical abilities will make you successful in entering appropriate information into required application documents such as city, county, pole, railroad, and TXDOT; for each respective client following established standard and procedures. The successful approval of the application documents is the desired outcome.
- Works closely with the fielding crew
- Reviews field data/maps and finalized application documents for accuracy and completeness
- Tracks project progression according to client and company procedures through submission
- Adhere to client specific standards, procedures, and requirements
- Follows, interprets, and applies NESC standards as well as Utility Specific standards where applicable
- Submits permits to various municipalities on behalf of multiple clients
- Responds to inquiries promptly and with courtesy
- Interacts with and ensures the continued satisfaction of clients, utilities, municipalities, residential and commercial customers
Competencies & Qualifications
- Strong Critical Thinking skills and Attention to Detail
- Motivated, ready-and-willing to learn
- Work independently and with little supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and routine office equipment
- Familiarity with easements and right-of-ways
- Basic understanding of CAD drafting software a plus
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver's license
The position largely operates in a professional office setting with routine use of office equipment.
Some exposure to extreme weather conditions/temperatures may be encountered when visiting job sites.
Mostly sedentary; sitting at a desk. On occasion may require manual dexterity, standing, walking, and ability to move equipment of 10 pounds or more.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent local day travel may be required.
Occasional overnight travel maybe required when attending conferences/training, or other projects as needed.