Peraton is seeking Telecommunication Installers to provide operations and maintenance support for a large DoD Agency's IT service network environment. This program will be responsible for providing the engineering and implementation efforts to expand the network and IT infrastructure and support the consolidation and migration of users and network infrastructures for multiple external and geographically disparate Agencies and Commands. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you'll do…
* Plan network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; gathering equipment, supplies, materials and tools, assessing installation site, preparing and installation diagram.
* Establish voice and data networks by running, pulling, relocating, terminating, splicing cables and grounding systems.
* Install telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays and coordinating with contractors.
* Verifiy service by testing fiber, copper, circuits, equipment and alarms; identifying, correcting or escalating problems
* Document network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recoding configuration diagrams and specifications
* Establish and maintain customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answering questions.
* Install & support for various telephone systems.
You'd be a great fit if you… (Required)
* Have an active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain an SCI.
* Have a High School diploma and at least 6 years of cable installation experience.
* Are well-versed in the installation of cables in a classified environment.
* Are able to climb ladders and be comfortable with heights.
What you'll get… (Peraton Benefits)
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a Top secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.