ECS is seeking an Telecommunications Engineer to work in our Ft. Meade, MD office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS is seeking an Telecommunications Engineer to work in support of the Defense Information System Agency (DISA).
The qualified candidate will be responsible for planning and directing the organization's strategic and long-range goals pertaining to the modernization of the DoD Public Safety Communications Ecosystem Architecture to include NG911, both CONUS and OCONUS. Position will entail conducting organizational reviews with DoD stakeholders to identify strengths and weaknesses and to evaluate operational effectiveness. Candidate will make recommendations based on emerging trends, expansion opportunities, efficiencies, and internal business process improvement. Will need to ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
Additional responsibilities to potentially include:
- Maintaining involvement with DHS NG911 Interoperability efforts
- Maintaining involvement with the CISA Cyber Security Division as it relates to Public Safety Communications
- Maintaining involvement with State ESInet efforts
- Developing NG911 Functional Requirements Document for DOD CIO signature
- Establishing DoD NG911 Framework to support legacy 911/E911 transition to NG911
- Creating a minimum of 3 Courses of Action that meet the objectives of the NG911 Framework
- Completing market research of NG911 technologies in support of a Cost Benefit Analysis
- Authoring NG911 Requirements for the DODIN Capabilities Requirements document to be used by JITC for future test plans.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must possess a DOD SECRET clearance.
- Requires 5 years' experience in the telecommunications area as an individual contributor.
- Should have extensive knowledge of NG911 and existing DoD 911/E911 and the various components of the DoD Public Safety Communications Ecosystem processes.
- Some travel is expected both CONUS and OCONUS.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.