Telecommunications Engineer (Kearney, NE)
Position Summary: Incumbent will be responsible for ensuring continuous availability of the University of Nebraska telecommunications services. Including the design, implementation, and management of telephony equipment, appliances, and management solutions. Coordinate installations, changes, and upgrades to services. Monitor, analyze, and ensure telephony performance, capacity, and uptime meet university service level agreements within a 24×7 operation. Troubleshoot complex problems, individually, with other members of the team, and with third-parties. Requires regular interaction with other networking, systems, and telecom professionals in the design and delivery of services; and with end-users to provide direct support.
• Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field; equivalency considered
• Three years of experience of server administration and support; required
• Demonstrated experience managing and supporting VMware vSphere support; required
• Demonstrated experience managing and supporting server/computer hardware; required
• Demonstrated experience managing and supporting network or virtual storage solutions; required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; required
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems; required
• Knowledge of Powershell, or comparable, scripting; preferred
• Working knowledge and experience with AWS or Azure; preferred
Salary: $45,800/year minimum
Please note: Sponsorship will not be offered for this position.