Telecommunications Central Office Technician
Geneseo Communications, Inc. is a leading communications company providing fiber optics, phone and Internet service to homes and businesses in the Geneseo and Quad Cities area. Geneseo Communications, Inc. currently has an immediate opening for a TELECOMMUNICATIONS CENTRAL OFFICE TECHNICIAN.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining, testing, programming and installation of Telecommunications equipment and systems
- Equipment includes: Telephone Systems & Associated Physical Infrastructure (Calix, C15, PBXs, Wiring, Ciena 6500, Ciena 6200, DACS, Network Interfaces), Wireless Systems, Data Networks and Power Equipment (such as emergency generators, halon systems, batteries, inverters, UPS, transfer panels)
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Experience in the Telecommunications Industry
- Consistent attendance
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great time management and excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask while paying strict attention to detail
- Deep technical understanding and ability to configure & troubleshoot all aspects of POTS, VOIP, SIP, PRI, PBX, IVR routing, customer call flows, network architectures
- Proficient with numerous specialized testing equipment including DS1/DS3 Tests, DC Plant Load Banks, DC Load Bank Resistance Testing, SONET OC3/OC12/OC48, Ethernet Testing
- Understanding of Data, Fiber Optics, Wireless and Voice Networks with proven ability to install and maintain these systems and their associated interface/equipment
Job type: Full time
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm (on-call rotation and occasional evening and weekend work)
Benefits: 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, dental, medical and vision.
*Part time will be considered.
Please apply online at .
Geneseo Communications, Inc. is a local business that prides itself in customer service. As we are growing into more areas and expanding our products to new customers, we are seeking an individual that can join our team and help make a difference.