Telecommunications Central Office Detail Engineer PEARCE SERVICES
is a leading nationwide provider of outsourced operations, maintenance, and engineering services for mission-critical infrastructure, including telecommunication networks, renewable energy installations (solar and wind), electric vehicle charging stations, and large-scale power generation and batteries. With over 1,700 team members, Pearce is a fast-growing leader in its class through continuous innovation and robust growth objectives. Pearce offers innovative, tech-enabled services across its four distinctive brands: Pearce Services, Pearce Renewables, MaxGen Energy Services, and World Wind and Solar -- each with a strong reputation in their respective high-growth markets. Learn more about Pearce
at ROLE SUMMARY
The Telecommunications Central Office Detail Engineer will provide detailed installation, removal, and maintenance Central Office Survey and Engineering Documentation for Telecommunications Systems and associated equipment to include Transmission, Power and Fiber systems with a minimum of supervision. This role will create and update system records, MOPS and will require computer skills.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have mastered all of the installation requirements per Telco Standard TP76300 and be able to engineer/create all the requirements and documentation with a high degree of competence and accuracy.
- Mastered comprehensive equipment engineering skills on a wide variety of installations and systems including AC/DC Power systems, low/high-density fiber systems, Remote Terminals, Central Office Infrastructure, and supervisory / alarm systems.
- Familiar with system integration requirements of common Telecom equipment utilizing computers, test equipment, and testing/diagnostic software.
- Required to perform/coordinate onsite site surveys at customer locations.
- Must be able to interpret general network diagrams and site survey information to determine the placement of new equipment, parts required for installation, cables type and connections, power equipment needs.
- Must be able to create detailed engineering plans and drawings for transport/access networks and co-locations for Central Office, Power, and remote environments.
- Must be able to create and detail test and turn-up procedures of associated equipment utilizing computers, test equipment, and testing/diagnostic software. Must be able to assist other employees in these procedures.
- Possess an ability to research manufacturer documentation on specific equipment to ensure the proper equipment is ordered and then explain how to install the equipment.
- High level of understanding of all company policies and practices, safety procedures, paperwork, and administrative requirements. Will review subordinate's time and expense documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Comply with system update requirements of all company/customer installation documents.
- Ability to resolve any project-related issues utilizing defined processes.
- Ability to work on multiple projects which may have several locations.
- Ability to interface with customers, vendors, and other company employees in the completion of, testing of, and turning up of equipment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Minimum 6+ years Detail Engineering experience or combination of experience and training as determined by company management. Some prior leadership experiences.
- Experience with AT&T and Verizon Central Office engineering a plus.
- High school diploma with four years technical school or a combination of training and experience related to the communications Detail Engineering field of 6 plus years.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to work alone or with a Team.
- Must have proficient laptop computer skills and applications, including the use of computer programs for diagnosis.
- Travel required in your home region and in the US without restrictions required. The ability to travel internationally is a plus. Expenses paid by the employer.
- Fully understands all company/customer policies and procedures and safety requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams) skills.
- Required to stand, walk, climb ladders, and crawl in tight spaces during Site Surveys.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass all pre-employment background checks and must be insurable.
Pearce offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan with a 4% match. Also provided are a company vehicle, phone, laptop, or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please apply at the provided link and submit your most current
resume.Pearce Services believes in strength through diversity.
We are an equal opportunityemployer.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.