Travel Required: 10-25% Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing
some of the most complex government, defense,
and intelligence projects across the country. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our
work has meaning and impact on the world around
us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by
embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and
being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no
challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our
work depends on a Telecommunications Analyst joining our team to
support our government client's activities in their locations.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Telecommunications Analyst supports and
manages the responsibilities of the successful completion of all tasks in assigned projects.
- Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications systems.
- Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and video communications systems.
- May test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
- Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
- Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software.
- Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to voice, data and video communications systems.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Provides phone and service support for local and off-site users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
AA/AS Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3+ years of directly related experience in telecommunications
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and Polygraph.
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or veteran status, or any other protected class.
At GDIT, our 'People First' culture commits to every employee feeling valued and supported throughout their career. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package - including programs focused on financial, physical, emotional and social well-being - demonstrates this commitment.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.