Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter LinkedIn and Facebook.
Summary of This Role
Analyze, design, install, administer, maintain, document, and trouble-shoot telecommunications applications, services, systems, and circuits. Conduct project planning, vendor and cost analysis as well as supporting all system outages for monthly system maintenance. Perform traffic studies, capacity planning, equipment analysis, business continuity reviews, and disaster recovery planning. Responsible for supporting system and user documentation for end users, contact center agents, and clients.
What Part Will You Play?
- Provides more in-depth technical support (Level II) to design, implement, maintain and support local and remote telecommunication applications and systems to deliver data, voice and video services across various applications securely (carrier routing, applications integration, network segmentation, network security, firewall traversal, access and perimeter control, vulnerability management, intrusion detection and security monitoring). Escalates issues requiring advanced/expert knowledge and experience with appropriate products. Installs advanced telecommunications software, patching, maintenance, support, reporting and configuration.
- Performs advanced (e.g. workforce management application that has a moderate integration to call recording system) telecommunications application and system testing, analysis, remediation, compliance and vulnerability management.
- Develops and/or updates records and reports for multiple telecommunications environments, software, hardware, circuits, configurations, inventory and billing. Assists in the development of project and incident status updates to most levels of business, clients and management as required.
- Performs advanced call management functions of call routing for business as usual and disaster recovery operations.
- Leads and facilitates critical meetings to guide vendor engineers, network analysts and other corporate groups as needed and collaboratively works to provide solutions that benefit and meet business requirements for functional areas.
- Mentors and coaches peers and other departments on telecommunications operational processes and technology.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer, Electronics, Telecommunications Technology or equivalent college education, and/or the equivalent of training and experience
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Telecommunications infrastructures
- Skills / Knowledge - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Root Cause Analysis - Demonstrates ability to perform complex issue isolation within telecommunications infrastructures: FXO/FXS/PRI/T1/DS3/SS7/H.323/SIP circuits and signaling protocols
- Requirement Analysis - Demonstrates ability to understand the scope and end result of business requirements in order to facilitate technical specifications for design, pricing and installation
Level: Or AboveNot Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here .
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1. or +1. or email at .
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here .