Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of telecommunications systems. Provides in-depth support to the end-user of telecommunications system applications, including design, engineering, test analysis, planning, performance and optimization. Performs complex activities for routine maintenance, on hardware and software switching equipment.
1. Acts as a liaison with end users and outside vendors during problem resolution, installation, rearrangement, and or removal of equipment. Provides technical and training assistance to users and support staff. Serves as a technical resource.
2. Installs, maintains, and tests telecommunications equipment to ensure quality and high level of customer service.
3. Isolates, troubleshoots and communicates any related voice and data network performance compatibility issues with responsible vendor.
4. Maintains and orders equipment for all related telecommunication project requests and ensures the equipment is accounted for utilization. Develops and documents telecommunication installation specifications.
5. Provides customers with technical support incident resolution related to the voice hardware and software.
? Associate's degree in Telecommunications or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
? No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
? If an Associate's degree: Three (3) years of experience in Telecommunications.
? If a High School diploma or GED: Seven (7) years of experience in Telecommunications.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
? Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Network Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No