Under general supervision, responds to user complaints and needs to resolve problems and provide telephony service associated with the organization's telecommunications networks (voice and/or data). Diagnoses problem source through discussions with users. Coordinates with internal telecommunications support and operations and with vendors to resolve problems. Follows up with users to ensure problem resolution, and develops supporting documentation of all activities. Requires an understanding of technical aspects of telecommunications equipment and transmission.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
* Education: High school diploma and Technical school training. Associate Degree or 2-5 years Related Telecommunications experience.
* Experience: 4-8 years in complex mission critical environments. 2-5 years related Telecommunications Experience
* Knowledge, skills and abilities required: Provide support of converged PBX systems in a 7 X 24 environment. Perform testing and diagnostic procedures on various vendor systems, provide repair action plans and provide reason for outage reports. Provide remote voice technical support to the field technicians both in and out of Novant Health Perform remote monitoring, testing and troubleshooting of data circuits Perform end-to-end trouble isolation and coordinate service testing with all involved Service providers until the customer's service is resolved. Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills both written and verbal are needed. Excellent decision making skills and the ability to work in a fast paced 24/7 environment. Ability to process complex data and develop conclusions for management, business partners, and customers. Must possess a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience with Nortel/Avaya PBX and Auxiliary equipment. Experience with Legacy Nortel/Avaya Blue PBX, Voice Mail and Contact Center equipment. PC literate and proficient in analytical application problem resolution to have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Components focusing on Excel Spreadsheets, and other Office applications for purpose of Telecom Documentation updates Ability to take direction.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
* Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
* The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
* All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".