As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
We provide Support Services and is open 24 hours/365 days. Responsibilities include:
1. Answers and directs incoming calls to the correct areas.
2. Provides informational services to the community and staff.
3. Handles internal communications such as In-house beeper systems, elevator phones, STAT lines and power failure stations.
4. Monitors and calls all codes, disasters and other emergencies. Hospital alarm systems monitored include: fire alarm, gas alarms, blood bank alarm, panic, security and code blue alarms. The switchboard is the base station for the security department at SGMC only.
5. Contacts on-call personnel during off hours and weekends and provide patient information when there is no information desk coverage.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• High School diploma
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A clear, pleasant and cheerful voice
• Flexibility in working under emotionally stressful conditions
• Experience as an operator in a hospital environment preferred
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work-life balance through non-rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3-year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered at
The schedule will be:
9 am - 5 pm Sunday
9 am - 5 pm Saturday
3 pm - 11 pm TuesdayTobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.