Overview: Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named the #5 Top Workplace in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies category 2018 through 2021.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking a Telecommunicationn Infrastructure Designer. At Los Alamos National Laboratory, theNetwork, Infrastructure, and Engineering-Telecommunication Services group(NIETS) is seeking an experienced Telecommunication Professional to design outside plant (OSP) and inside plant (ISP) telecommunications infrastructure.
- In this position, you will use your wide-ranging skills and experience to design all aspects of a traditional campus data/telecommunications infrastructure environment--and challenge yourself with new and exciting technologies to master.
- The NIE-TSteamdesigns and project manages the construction of all voice/data network infrastructure over the 43 square mile campus of Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- You will have the opportunity to hone your ISP and OSP infrastructure design skills in our diverse environment of business, scientific, research, and high-security facilities.
Qualifications: Outstanding communication skills-
- Ability topartnerwith customers and define requirements.
- Ability to translate technical terms to layperson's terms and present them to audiences outside of NIE and the Laboratory.
- Coordinating with architectural/engineering team on large projects.
Expertise in Outside Plant design-
- Understanding of design/build and design/bid/build processes.
- Experience in aerial facility design: pole layout, wind/storm-loading, copper and fiber self-supporting cables,direct buried and bored pathways, cable vault/manhole/handholedesign, ductbank /innerductlayout
- Experience with copper and fiber cable configurations, splicing, cable count allotment and cable restoration techniques
Expertise in Inside Plant design-
- Experience with multiple product manufacturersand typesincluding Systimax and Krone Experience in Category 5e/6/6A cabling and 66/110/patch panel terminations in a mixed environment.
- Project design experience in newer (20 years to present/greenfield) and legacy (21-60+ year old) facilities.
- Experience in AutoCAD, McCormick estimating tool, MS Excel, Word,AutoDesk Design Review.
- Experience in IBwave wireless design tool.
- Experience in Wireless access points and controllers.
Edcuation/Experience - This p osition requires a Bachelors Degree and 2 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation. Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with federal facility rules and regulations on communication operations.
- Experience in building paging systems, wireless AP, and DAS design.
- Knowledge of network switch and Ethernet operations.
- Experience in underground coppercable air pressurization systems.
- BICSI RCDD certification or equivalent certifications.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, as a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one week after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.