We Are Hiring
Telecom Technician- Ops Field Services - FT Days - WIAPP 3400 Ministry Pkwy - Weston, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
Ascension Technologies is seeking a Telecom Technician who will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of the voice telecommunications system infrastructure and associated peripherals. Familiarity with administration of a wide range of systems including Avaya, Nortel, VoIP, IP Telephony in a health care setting is highly desired.
The Telecom Technician has demonstrated technical expertise, articulate documentation, a record of successful projects and satisfied clients, an ability to understand and articulate customer needs, and a history of taking initiative.
The position is based in Weston, WI and requires a reliable personal vehicle for occasional travel between Weston facilities. Mileage is reimbursed at the established corporate rates.
The Telecom Technician will:
- Install, move, and modify telecommunications and related equipment according to job order specifications, standards, and procedures.
- Update pertinent local phone directory databases as IMACs occur.
- Update cabling databases, wiring diagrams as needed.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain and repair telecommunications systems and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and specifications.
- Implement approved system/device changes in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Test and evaluate systems/devices to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Assist other groups in troubleshooting problems that require technical analysis or performance review.
- Create and publish and maintain up to date and accurate telecom documentation and diagrams.
- Establish time and cost estimates. Maintains accurate records of hours worked and any equipment or materials used.
- Report and monitor service order changes.
- Perform on-site inventories. Verify resulting inventory records and report to management as required.
- Oversee on-site work in areas of system design, inventory and end-user training.
- Perform additional functions incidental to technician activities.
Ascension Health ( ) is transforming healthcare by providing the highest quality care to all, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Ascension Health, which provided $1.3 billion in care of persons living in poverty and community benefit programs last year, is the nation's largest Catholic and nonprofit health system. Our Mission-focused Health Ministries employ more than 122,000 associates serving in more than 1,400 locations in 21 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Technologies is a subsidiary of Ascension Health Alliance, a Catholic healthcare organization dedicated to the transformation of healthcare through excellent clinical care throughout the continuum and through innovation. AIS has a clear vision to be a leader in delivering efficient and effective IT services, measured by meeting industry performance metrics; demonstrating agility and flexibility to adapt to changes in customers' needs and business models; and providing low-cost, high-value IT service attractive to potential customers outside the organization. Ascension Technologies has more than 2,300 associates, supported by various third parties, focused on providing value to our stakeholders. In 2014, AIS was honored to be selected by Computerworld as No. 39 on its Best Places to Work in IT list, and by Elearning! Media Group/Aberdeen.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Two years of experience preferred.
Highly preferred experience:
- Minimum of three years relevant telecommunications experience required
- Experience in large enterprise telecom environments
- Can screen complex, technical or specialized literature for referral.
- Writes simple internal memoranda, fills out complex forms.
- Experience within or across telecom vendor technologies with a deep knowledge in one or more vendor technologies (e.g. Cisco, Avaya/Nortel, Siemens, etc.)
- Must have demonstrated technical leadership, a record of successful projects and satisfied clients
- Ability to take on-call duties and local travel to other Ascension facilities in the Weston region.
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in computer/information sciences, mathematics, business/MIS or related field preferred, or equivalent relative experience
- Experience with one or more telecom system platforms
- Experience and general knowledge of networks / TCP/IP
- Experience and understanding of general telecom system architecture
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)