Req ID: 118685
Basic Purpose: The Manager of Telecom Services ensures the delivery and maintenance of data, telephone, satellite, cable, and cellular services for all Love's locations. This is achieved by managing a team with responsibility for coordinating with construction and engineering teams on circuit delivery, managing billing and ensuring timely payments, and proactively reporting and communicating service status. The Manager of Telecom Services leverages strong accounting, time-management and organizational skills combined with a knowledge of Service Provider processes and features to ensure Love's is getting accurate billing, optimum service delivery, and timely service levels from these providers.
- Telecom Service Ordering, Tracking and Management
- Manage lifecycle of data and voice circuits, from initial order to transition to billing, to service disconnect.
- Service management for satellite TV, cable, and cellular services.
- Mobile device ordering and lifecycle management with major cellular providers.
- Track circuit or service delivery compared to facilities open dates to ensure services are delivered on time.
- Proactively address estimated service delivery misses with alternate connectivity options.
- Communicate with Facilities and Engineering teams on status of orders or changes.
- Understand features available on data and telecom circuits, ensure feature consistency across orders, and proactively identify changes in service offerings.
- Maintain strong relationship with Service Providers as the main point of contact and escalate issues or requests as needed.
- Telecom Billing and Spend Management
- Manage Enterprise billing software to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoicing.
- Receive, sort, and analyze billing from telcos, cable, satellite, and cellular providers.
- Ensure accuracy of billing for all circuits and services.
- Work closely with Accounting (Accounts Payable and Receivable) on billing reconciliation per-site.
- Report regularly on spend and forecasting.
- Identify anomalies and take action to mitigate or communicate differences in billing cycles, charges, or usage.
- Telecom Team Management
- Manage team of direct reports to ensure service deliveries and SLAs are met with the business.
- Mitigate skills gaps and manage career growth of team.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Accounting or eight years of equivalent work experience preferred.
- 5 years managing and maintaining telecom and data services.
- 5 years managing team resources of direct reports.
Skills and Physical Demands:
- Hard skills: Excellent Knowledge of Telephone and Service Provider processes and circuit types (e.g. data, voice, cellular, satellite, cable), with a knowledge of available features or variation (e.g. AVPN, NOD, PNT, DSL etc.). Strong understanding of billing and accounting practices for telecom services (e.g. invoicing, billing cycles, SLAs, disputes, reconciliation). High awareness of project schedules and managing of service deliveries over construction cycle timeframes. Strong math or accounting skills and ability to use calculating tools such as MS Excel. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Soft Skills: Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills to ensure availability during business hours. Ability to communicate with both Corporate and Field Management, present ideas in a user-friendly language. Highly self-motivated and directed, keen attention to detail, proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, strong customer service orientation, and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
Job Function(s): [[mfield1]]
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love's Family of Companies is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and remains entirely family owned and operated. With more than 300 locations in 40 states, Love's approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love's has consistently ranked in the top 10 on Forbes' Magazine's annual listing of America's largest privately held companies. From the first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love's commitment has remained the same: "Clean Places, Friendly Faces."