The Onsite Technical Support Analyst will act as my client's primary contact for a major US customer located in Atlanta, Georgia. The successful candidate will work with project and development teams to manage customer issues and deliver solutions. Responsibilities include account management, technical support, test execution, and delivery of new software
- Act as product expert - be the primary on-site contact with the customer for technical questions, support, product deployments, and tools. Triage reported issues to confirm as possible bug.
- Support the client by having an in depth knowledge of customer implementation and business processes.
- Represent the customer to ensure product issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle.
- Clearly identify, document and find solutions for customer issues and product problems. Test and verify fixes before delivering to customer.
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, and support teams as well as to the customer base
- Assist customers with operational issues on the software.
- Coordinate customer deployments with internal teams.
- Provide off-hours support for P1 production cases
ON CUSTOMER PREMISE:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a customer engagement proactively - active listening, speaking up and voicing your opinion, appreciating customer concerns, setting expectations and following up on commitments
- Foster relationships at the technical and management level to broaden reach and to gain an appreciation of the customer operations
- Demonstrated “can do” approach to work - willing to roll up sleeves, think on your feet, communicate clearly in pressure situations, and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the customer.
Education and Experience:
- Strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to debug and troubleshoot product issues in a complex environment. Able to provide workarounds and/or propose solutions with the assistance of development team.
- Weblogic/Jboss: Able to maintain and troubleshoot java applications within Weblogic/Jboss.
- UNIX: Intermediate-level knowledge, with some experience in maintenance or admin activities.
- Database: Intermediate-level knowledge of Oracle (OR another relational database, such as Sybase or MS SQL), and basic SQLs/queries
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal), and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the customer.
- Able to travel for training and customer visits.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
Assets (nice to have):
- Knowledge of telecom and cable domain, OSS/BSS software
- Previous experience in Java programming will be an asset.