Title: Product Owner / Manager with Mobile Application Experience
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening Product Owner with Mobile Application Experience. Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
The Connected Vehicle Team is revolutionizing the vehicle ownership experience through the invention of software products delivered to customers through a variety of digital touchpoints including mobile apps, websites, and in-vehicle infotainment systems. In this role, your product is the mobile app platform.
The Product Owner- Mobile App responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Following an iterative design and development process, drive the execution, delivery, and outcome of the product throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to recognize an opportunity and develop the vision, strategy, and requirements for a solution that meets the need. Generate and manage the list of work to be completed by the development team. This involves writing product backlog items along with acceptance criteria, and ordering them to achieve the product vision.
- Participate in events including planning, refinement, review, retrospective, and daily standups.
- During planning activities, work with stakeholders to determine the content and steps required to deliver the next iteration at a sprint, release or product level.
- Within refinement sessions, work with the development team to define, elaborate, and estimate product backlog items.
- Facilitate reviews to ensure the product increment is examined in the optimum way to elicit feedback and determine the route forward for development.
- During retrospectives, collaborate as part of the team in determining and selecting improvement actions.
- During the sprint, work in the team, including answering questions and accepting product backlog items as they are completed.
- Attend daily gatherings to coordinate and collaborate with the development team on development work being performed within the iteration.
- Monitor and communicate market impact and determine next steps.
- Create and maintain communications regarding vision and progress like a product roadmap and release plan. Create contractual project related documentation like a requirements specification or statement of work.
- Take lead on issue resolution for systems in operation. design, develop, and manage a platform that scales and accommodates new features and feature evolution overtime. Work with internal stakeholders building a mobile app experience that meets the needs of their customers as they and others to bring it to life across many customers'
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Computer, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience with mobile app product management and/or requirements development. Proven experience as Product Manager or Product Owner in a cross-functional team, dedicated to the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched mobile app used globally (multilingual and localized).
- Experience providing oversight of a large product, program, or simultaneously coordinating multiple smaller initiatives and teams.
- Experience capturing and managing software requirements as User Stories.
- Experience facilitating backlog refinement sessions
- Experience testing or verifying software meets acceptance criteria.
- The desire to be part of, and contribute to, a team.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team with designers, coders, integrators and business teams.
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of an organization.
- Strong listening, written, and oral communication skills.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda at Vasavi.konda stgit.com or contact at . In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name - Technical Product Owner with Mobile Application Experience.
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client's global IT and Engineering needs.
Vasavi Konda | Recruiting Specialist
Systems Technology Group (STG)
3001 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 500
Troy, Michigan 48084
Email: vasavi.konda stgit.com
- provided by Dice