We're looking for a Technical Product Owner - IoT Big Data to join our team in Burlington, MA.
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we're transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we're constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we're breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is poised to be one of the top global players in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. The company, already a top-class technology multi-national, is rapidly transforming from global leader of LED Lighting to the leader of connected and digital lighting. We are transforming lighting solutions into new concepts that connect people, places, and devices in a whole new way.
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
We are building a world-class Internet of Things (IoT) platform that is being deployed at massive scale. We provide the industrial-grade technology platform upon which we enable the rapid and efficient creation of high value-added products, systems and services by all Signify businesses, spanning professional (B2B) and consumer (B2C) segments.
Within the IoT Big Data organization, we are building the leadership that will be responsible for defining and designing the next generation of distributed computing, cloud-based data enablers and processing capabilities to help our businesses accelerate our connected systems offerings.
If you are a talented, driven individual, looking for an opportunity to work in the cutting-edge of the IoT industry and make a strong impact on the transformation of a global leading company, we want to talk to you about joining our team!
What you'll do
You are a key member of the IoT Big Data team and will report to the Head of IoT. You are responsible for:
* Driving the centralization of data to create a single source for analytics, partnering with technical and product leaders across the company to create market-leading product innovations that leverage Big Data, AI & ML technologies and drive the creation & adoption of the Signify Data & Analytics infrastructure.
* Creating, managing and prioritizing the Big Data backlog and leading Big Data initiatives spanning data centralization, adoption & governance, data infrastructure tooling and business data solutions.
* Working closely with the different Signify product and development teams to build an internet-scale technical solution which leverages best in class, modern, microservices-based architectural patterns, concepts and technologies.
* Interacting with various business partners and are expected to provide detailed technical guidance and expertise in leveraging the IoT Big deliverables, partnering with customers to create aligned roadmaps and facilitate utilization of the products, solutions and technologies that you oversee.
* Helping to shape the products, technologies, solutions and roadmaps to drive adoption. You will identify key strategic initiatives, prioritize and asses technical and business viabilities to drive successful outcomes.
* Prioritizing the team's execution to ensure a structured, timely delivery of all features, functionalities and solutions.
* Demonstrating software best practices, application of disciplined software development methodologies and modern agile techniques, with an attention to quality and participate and contribute to architecture and product documentation and technical reviews of the Big Data portfolio.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering is required with hands-on experience with at least one of the following: Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure with a particular emphasis on core computer, networking, security and data technologies
* 3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices. Backlog management experience or previous technical product owner role is necessary.
* 8+ years of proven, hands-on track-record developing scalable internet-based services, of which 3+ years of experience specifically in utilizing cloud platforms and at least 3+ years in an architect or development leadership role
* A demonstrated track record of leveraging Big Data technologies as part of product and/or data platform creation is require and ability to communicate ideas through code and working prototypes
* Proven real-world experience of securing internet-scale services and data solution with experience in ava and Python as well as familiarity with automated testing methodologies, CI/CD best practices, container technologies, "infrastructure as code"