About the team:
The HubSpot Infrastructure Security team is responsible for the security and networking of HubSpot's Cloud Infrastructure. Broadly, our mission is to provide world-class infrastructure as a service that empowers the product team to build, operate, and scale HubSpot's products.
The Security and Networking team focuses on developing modern tooling to both secure and streamline access to our infrastructure and network. We develop automation involving AWS IAM, Firewalls, LDAP, SSL, and Vault. We solve technical and security challenges in a way that keeps HubSpot fast and lean.
* You enjoy being hands-on with engineering (70%) while also wanting to develop your people leadership skills (30%)
* Experience working with at least one programming language (Java, C#, Python etc)
* Experience working with CDN and edge network security
* Understanding of Web Application Firewalls and how they work at HubSpot's scale
* Skilled in traffic analysis including practical knowledge of different types of DDoS attacks and responses
* Familiarity with botnets and common attack vectors
* Fascinated by the complex issues that arise as a result of operating large-scale systems
* Far happier writing software to automate solutions to problems instead of manually pushing buttons
* And most importantly, excited to learn and grow