Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry's only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world's subscribers.
Mavenir is seeking an experience Technical Lead - 5G Microservices for its Packet Compute business. The Technical will be responsible for the leading the architecture through testing of microservice mobile network development.
* Architect, design, develop, test and lead the creation of microservice-based, mission-critical applications for mobile carrier networks
* Play a key role in setting the technical direction for the project
* Technically manage a group of senior software developers, resolving design and implementation issues, sharing knowledge and driving the project to success.
* Communicate with other groups in the company, such as operations, system-test, PLM and management.
* Support the deployment of software in production network
* B.S or M.S (Computer Science or a related technical field preferred), should have proven course work in several computer software, algorithms, data structures, programming languages subject areas
* Expertise in Kubernetes, OpenShift, Containers - Docker; OS - Linux variants; Protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, gRPC, Kafka; Languages - C/C++, Java, Go, Python, Ruby, Databases - Cassandra, Couchbase, etcd/Consul, Cloud Platforms - AWS, Azure, Google, Service mesh technologies - Istio, Envoy, Agile development methodology
* Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) Software development using TDD techniques
* 10+ years minimum experience developing and testing mission-critical applications
* 5+ years of experience building and testing mission-critical applications based on micro-services architecture
* 3+ years of experience working on an Agile Scrum team
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented principals
* Experience developing software using domain-driven design (DDD) approach
* Strong experience and understanding building web-scale applications
* Strong experience and understanding of REST architectural and building RESTful APIs Web Services
* Experience with Service Mesh technologies
* Experience in Linux systems administration in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
* Practical experience with NoSQL database technologies
* Experience building Reactive Systems
* Working knowledge of SCM tools (e.g. Git, Atlassian) for software development
* Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
* Team player and seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Self-starter with ability to thrive in a high pressure, mission-critical environment
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a US applicant in need of special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail or call: +1-. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.