System Sales Engineer with Big Data and Data Warehouse experience to join exciting, growing St. Louis based company.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Steve Eskovitz
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $130,000A bit about us:
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Sales Engineer with Enterprise Big Data and Data Warehouse experience to join an exciting and growing Security Solutions Company located in the St. Louis area. REMOTE with visits to St. Louis is an option.
We are searching for a motivated and experienced Pre-Sales Engineer with a solid technical background that can understand technical issues with customers and determine where company solutions can benefit their enterprise.Why join us?
We offer an extremely industry competitive compensation plan along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Great health and dental benefits for employees and their dependents.
- Tremendous impact and growth opportunities within the company.
- Vacation / Holiday Time: Employees start with 2 weeks of vacation and 10 paid holidays.
- Casual dress code.
- Great team excited about the company and what we build together.
This role will include owning and managing customer relationships during pre-sales engagements. This will include working with the customer to earn a deep understanding of their environments and describing how company solutions benefit those environments. This will include identifying good use cases and facilitating POC engagements, assisting and sometimes directly implementing solutions for our customers.
* Work closely with the product development team to describe feature requests coming in from the field and to offer guidance in the design of new capabilities and usability features.
* This role will also be responsible for helping customers learn how to use company products, which includes conducting training sessions and walk-throughs, helping improve documentation, etc.
** Although we're not looking for a developer, candidates must have a level of coding proficiency in a rich language (C/++, Java, Python, etc.) and be comfortable using debugging tools like GDB.
- BS or better in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2 - 5 years of experience working with customers supporting technical sales.
- Strong presentation and conversational skills.
- Knowledge of enterprise Big Data, Data Warehouse, Analytics, and Data Integration solutions.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and tools.
- Effective scripting capabilities (bash, python, perl, etc.).
- Experience working with ticketing systems to organize and track issues.
- Strong programming capability in C, C++, Java, Python, or similar.
- Experience with networking, network troubleshooting, etc.
- Understanding of secure enterprise environments.
- Experience debugging software or hardware systems.
- Knowledge of VPN and authentication systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both engineers and non-technical professionals.
- Knowledge of documentation and diagramming tools (e.g., Visio, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Passion for solving customer problems and describing reference architectures for our products.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button. - provided by Dice