SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer-RF/Signals Processing for a dynamic contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer. Join our fantastic team in Reston, VA supporting an exciting mission that impacts national security. This is a great opportunity to be cleared to a poly level if you currently have an active TS/SCI!
Position duties include:
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems. This includes radar and radiation detection equipment; radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Conducts experimental tests on equipment and evaluates results.
- Develops specifications for selecting components and equipment to use.
- May also review vendors' abilities to support development.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Advising staff on best technical approaches for RF technical collection.
- Writing/evaluating/coordinating experimental test plans.
- Surveying government/academia/industry RF initiatives that pertain to the mission.
- Locating/evaluating/recommending subject matter experts that are capable of performing highly specialized technical work.
- Attending and presenting information at technical meetings, workshops/ and conferences.
- Developing models/simulations/algorithms/systems for use in technical collection, Analyses of Alternatives or trade studies.
- Evaluating sensor data for suitability and processing sensor data.
- Authoring CONOPs.
- Performing technical evaluations of proposals and systems.
- Active TS/SCI is required - and the ability to obtain a CI Poly
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Demonstrated experience in RF signal processing to include experience with detection of low-powered RF and RF processing technique alternatives.
- Knowledge of signaling and signal processing techniques such as noise suppression, matched filtering, RF modulation and band limiting, as well as digital communication modulation and demodulation techniques such as Bi-Phase Shift Keying (BPSK), Quadrature Phase Shift Keying (QPSK), Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM - or one of its derivatives) and time/frequency analysis (e.g, Fourier Transforms).
- Experience conducting RF digital and analog data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience designing and using tools and techniques to evaluate and analyze RF data.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, Java, C, C++, Linux, or other programming tools.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.