Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
This role will suit a Systems Engineer with a telecoms background.
This is a great opportunity to transfer your skills to the Space and Satellite industry. Your skills can be a great asset in creating the next new space systems and payloads. We are currently expanding to meet increasing demand for more advanced technologies both on national programmes and for customers globally.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be joining the Advanced Payload team that is responsible for architecting advanced payload for telecommunications satellites. Your responsibilities will cover the end-to-end life cycle, from proposal to R&T/R&D activities and through to the development of products.
Task & accountabilities:
The advanced payload end-to-end system engineer will be responsible for:
- Defining the payload concept of operations and high-level functional and performance requirements for telecoms satellite payloads.
- Defining the payload architecture and the technologies required to implement it, demonstrating its feasibility.
The skills and attributes necessary to perform this role are:
- Systems engineering, particularly in the field of telecommunications.
- Innovation and initiative to pursue new ideas, investigate potential technologies/solutions and to drive change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure solutions are communicated clearly to customers, internal engineering functions and suppliers.
- Capability to make quick decisions based on feasibility estimates, appreciating the accuracy of such estimates and the corresponding risk.
Knowledge in the following areas is also desirable, but could be developed / trained within the role:
- Satellite systems
- RF systems and antennas
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Communications standards (e.g. DVB and 5G)
- Layer 2 and layer 3 networking technologies
- Embedded systems and software
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you
The successful candidate will be subject to a BPSS check SC check (including a criminal record check) in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
We are 5 mins walk away from Stevenage train station (step free and lift access), easily accessible by road and bus, car parking on site, cycle racks. Close to many amenities including:
- High-street shops and supermarkets
- Restaurants and eateries
- Gyms, Swimming pool and Parks
- Cinema, bowling and Recreational facilities
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported.