Systems Engineer II (Embedded - Wireless Audio)
12 Months Contract
Job Description - Embedded Systems Engineer, Wireless Audio
The Embedded Systems Engineer is responsible for designing and developing firmware/software for embedded microprocessor-based wireless audio products. The role will collaborate with electrical engineers, high level software engineers, mechanical engineers and program managers to ensure a consistent software development and highest level of product delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage software product requirement and specification docs.
• Experience of Bluetooth development.
• Provides technical guidance to aid the design and development of complex embedded consumer electronics systems.
• Research new technologies to enhance product features, improve reliability and quality, and lower cost.
• Design multi-processor embedded systems that meet our unique real-time audio processing requirements.
• Develop wireless products with industry standard wireless technologies (ie. Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, etc)
• Program embedded microprocessors, such as 8051s, ARM7/9s, and SHARC families of processors, in Assembler and C/C++ with or without RTOS.
• Analyze and document embedded systems; contribute to product definition and design; work with a dedicated team to meet deadlines.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. MS highly desired.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as software development engineer with demonstrated experience in embedded systems.
• Very strong C knowledge with good understanding of computer architecture.
• Experience in Bluetooth and WiFi technology. Bluetooth/WiFi stack development experience is highly desired.
• Ability to interpret hardware circuits, schematics and block diagrams.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
Other Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Adheres to all requirements for confidentiality of corporate, finance and R&D information.
• Adheres to direction from management on distribution controls, secure filing and disposal, records retention and storage for drawings, contracts and other sensitive materials
- provided by Dice