Description Job Description:
Cyber and SIGINT Solutions is looking to add a mid-level Systems Engineer to work on a long-term program in Linthicum, MD. This high performing program consists of a small team responsible for the full lifecycle of the design, programming, and testing of next generation cryptographic communications security modules that serve as the standard protecting data on critical data links. This hands-on engineering work covers the full life-cycle of hardware and software development, including requirements definition, design, implementation using FPGAs and embedded software, device testing and system integration support. The modules developed undergo Information Assurance certification documentation and testing prior to embedment in a variety of system applications including helicopters and UAVs.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph. US Citizenship required
- Four (4)+ years of IA system development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Additional four (4) years of experience may be substituted for the education requirements.
- Experience in the following applicable programming languages:
- Mentor Graphics
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
External Referral Bonus:
- Responsible for the preparation, editorial review, revision, and maintenance of security engineering documents including technical white papers, cybersecurity assessments, architecture analysis documentation, senior management briefings, and status reports.
- Using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to create program related documentation.
- Assisting in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications.
- Work with the hardware, software, and test engineers and subject matter experts to gather technical information required in the preparation of written text.
- Research mission subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and prepare incident reports, responses, and briefings comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering certification documentation such as SED, SHDD, SDPDD, SHRS, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinating the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participating in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Generating alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Defining the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Developing system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Reviewing and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
- Developing system design alternatives
- Using validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.