MYCOM OSI is a leading telecom software vendor providing network and service management solutions (Assurance, Automation and Analytics) to leading Communications Service Providers (CSPs) including 8 out of 10 of the world’s largest global CSP groups, including Vodafone, Telefonica and Deutsche Telekom. In one country alone MYCOM OSI helps manage the network and service experience of more than 800 million mobile subscribers.
MYCOM OSI has been at the forefront of innovation and trusted by the world's leading CSPs for over 25 years’ and with today’s global transformation to digital it is again leading the industry with innovations in NFV/SDN/Telco Cloud, 5G and Internet of Things. MYCOM OSI is in the early stages of an exciting new chapter in its growth as it launches a new technology platform that has already been selected by a leading CSP to assure the world’s first Telco Cloud.
With a global presence and approximately 250 employees worldwide, MYCOM OSI has an entrepreneurial culture, where ambitious, flexible and hardworking people would thrive.
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: Slough /UK
Main purpose of role:
• Customer facing Technical Lead as first point of contact in delivery project.
• SE Lead.
• Main responsibilities of the Systems Engineer will be to support the project delivery from the initial “kick off” stage through to final “go live” milestones, as well as post-project implementation support. The role is accountable for the successful delivery of a project per the scope and objectives documented in the Statement of Work as agreed with the customer.
Key Role Responsibilities
• Customer technical lead and first point of contact
• Responsible for the delivery, system integration testing and acceptance of all MYCOM OSI products
• Responsible for the delivery and acceptance of MYCOM OSI professional services
• Familiar with OSS architecture changes and impacts in MYCOM OSI products
• Project support to escalate & liaise with MYCOM OSI R&D until resolution and acceptance
• Coordinates activities between Customer Team, Product Customization and R&D
• Provides services to ensure customer can effectively monitor, track and report on all KPI’s in the operational network
• Specialist in OSS monitoring and reports product involved in customisation, commissioning and migration
Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum a bachelor degree or equivalent in IT or Telecoms disciplines
• Previous experience of implementing PrOptima and NetExpert products
• Proven software implementation experience with commercially available performance management systems for telecommunication operators (i.e. such systems include: Nokia-Siemens GR and SPOTSs, Ericsson ENIQ, Huawei PRS, Cisco WEM, ALU NPO and SDC, IBM Metrica/TNPM and Aircom Optima)
• Software system integration testing exposure and software acceptance methodologies are required.
• Dedicated knowledge of data mediation engines, data loading, and parser definitions / functionality
• General UNIX administration knowledge, power tools, shell / perl scripting, and SQL clients
• Dedicated knowledge of telecommunication operator related performance management key performance indicators and data analysis and reporting methods
• Radio, Core, VAS Mobile and IP Network Technologies
• Deployment of software rollout, Integration testing, UAT,
• KPI and KQI, network performance experience
Experience & Expertise
• Proven experience of Mobile Telecommunication and OSS
• Experience in multi-vendor OSS systems (Huawei, Ericsson, NSN, ZTE)
• Good communicator , keeping all stakeholders informed