SAIC is looking for a well-qualified Systems Administrator specializing in Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) supporting the Information Technology (IT) Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Infrastructure team to provide enterprise-level, high-performance, highly available, Hosting and Service Provider services in direct support of the Activity's business and mission needs. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn. Specifically, this position will be responsible for the engineering and operational related assignments associated with all deployed virtualization, storage, and data protection related systems, applications, and service technologies on multiple sets of enterprise-level IT systems to support the Activity's data center and remote site environments. This position is in the Silverdale, WA area.
The duties and responsibilities will include supporting all virtualization-based O&M tasking of deployed operational infrastructure solutions backed by Citrix, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Veeam, and VMware; supporting all storage-based O&M tasking of deployed operational storage solutions backed by Citrix, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Veeam, and VMware; and troubleshooting when storage issues, incidents, and/or problems arise to provide resolution support, to include Root Cause Analysis (RCA), working with both internal organizations and vendor subject matter experts.
Additional duties include producing and maintaining documentation of the Infrastructure team's systems, subsystems, and components in the Activity's IT hosting portfolio, including as-built documentation, drawings, capacity/performance plans, and all other areas of server system life-cycle planning; working alongside the systems engineering - HCI and the Activity's IT Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team to explore, investigate, research, analyze, and assess new virtualization, storage, and data protection technologies, methods, and/or approaches to modernize and improve upon existing infrastructure solutions; and traveling to support the Activity's IT enterprise, specifically Infrastructure related systems, at data centers or remote sites if support cannot be provide through remote methods.
- An active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
- The ability to successfully complete a polygraph;
- A bachelor's degree in an appropriately computer-related field from an accredited university [OR] one of the following certifications:
- The CompTIA Security+CE certification,
- The Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); or
- The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC2) Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP); and
- Five years or more of proven hands-on experience implementing, operating, and maintaining globally dispersed, enterprise-level virtualization systems backed by industry standard technologies such as Microsoft, Nutanix and/or VMware, providing virtualization capabilities and service offerings such as Guest desktop and server virtualization to an IT enterprise;
- Five years or more experience implementing, operating, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs);
- Three years or more years of proven hands-on experience implementing, operating, and maintaining globally dispersed enterprise-level storage solutions, backed by industry standard technologies such as Microsoft, NetApp, and/or Nutanix, providing enterprise storage services including Block (iSCSI) and File (CIFS, NFS) level storage and data protection (disaster recovery, migration, replication, snapshot, etc.) to a variety of end-point customers (desktop, servers, hypervisors, etc.);
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and assessing virtualization and storage infrastructure systems and solutions proactively for performance degradation, capacity and sizing issues, and tuning and optimization opportunities; and
- Demonstrated experience leveraging vendor provided best practices, systems, applications, and services to regularly patch and upgrade deployed infrastructure virtualization and storage solutions.
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability