Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
16 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Operates switchboard to relay incoming and outgoing telephone calls. Appropriately coordinates established protocols for emergency calls and alarms..
- Channels all incoming calls; provides direct numbers as required. Connects inside callers with out of state lines when appropriate.
- Responds to emergency calls following established protocols.
- Assists callers by using zip call or voice page as necessary, or other means.
- Maintains physician callboard.
- Operates television monitor to relay pages and messages in conference hall.
- Maintains hourly communication with Security personnel to verify proper radio operations.
- Displays and upholds CHH core values of dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity. Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objective, quality assurance program and safety standards.
Informs maintenance department of any trouble lines reported by hospital personnel
Conducts a weekly test of the alarm system.
Updates Hospital and Physician telephone directory as necessary in order to maintain a complete and accurate listing.
Participates in education programs and inservice meetings.
Attends meetings as required. .
Performs all other related duties as assigned.
The job requires a High School graduate.
The job requires less than six months of job related experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.