The Staff Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for network and systems architecture, design, administration, documentation, configuration, optimisation, and troubleshooting across the Payroc enterprise. The individual will participate in the ongoing support of system/network assets using current and emerging technologies. With an internal SLA objective of 5 9's, s/he will maintain overall capability health in a 24/7 environment and carry out tasks based on business objectives and strategy.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* 10+ years of relevant experience in Windows/Linux/Cloud environments.
* 10+ years of experience with enterprise-level system/network design and support.
* 5 years of experience as a technical lead or architect.
* Commitment to achieving 100% uptime.
* Technical expertise and hands-on with Windows Server administration, Linux, Active Directory, DNS, Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto Networks WAN/LAN Technologies
* Knowledge of Routing, Switching, IP Networking, DNS, LAN/WAN, QoS setup, VLANs, BGP, OSPF, and Layer 2/3 protocols.
* Solid experience with Virtual Private Networking, and Wireless Access Points.
* Bash/PowerShell/Perl/Python or other scripting.
* Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
* Experience with network security such as certificate management in applications.
* Experience with monitoring tools to identify potential failures and support forensic investigations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
* Ability to effectively prioritise, research problems, document, execute and manage tasks within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
* Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
* Ability to work on a team and independently.
Additional Qualifications a Successful Candidate May Have
* Palo and Juniper experience preferred.
* AWS/Azure experience would be beneficial.
* Preferred certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, MCSE, VCP, ITIL or other best practice methodology.
* Configuration Management platform (Anisble, Chef, ect…) exposure