*YOU CAN WORK REMOTELY FROM ANY LOCATION AS LONG AS YOU ARE LOCATED IN PST/PDT OR MST TIME ZONE
Something about us
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry's most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,300 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are a global company, headquartered in San Francisco but as a "remote" first company, we care about your results and not your location.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
I am an experienced Big Data engineer who can create innovative new products in the analytics and data space. I participate in the development that creates the world's #1 app stores analytics service. Together with my team I build out new product features and applications using agile methodologies and open source technologies. I work directly with Product Managers, Software Architects, and I am on the front lines of coding new and exciting analytics and data mining products. I love what I do and excited to join an entrepreneurial company with a start-up culture!
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
As a Big Data Engineer, you will be in charge of our data analysis projects and to build clean, robust and maintainable data processing program that can support these projects on huge amount of data, this includes:
- Able to design and implement complex product components based on requirements with possible technical solutions.
- Write data analysis and statistics programs using Pyspark with a commitment to maintaining high quality work while being confident in dealing with data mining challenges.
- Discover any feasible new technologies lying in the Big Data ecosystem, share them to team with your professional perspectives.
- Get up to speed in the machine learning domain, implementing analysis components in a distributed computing environment with instruction from Data Scientists.
- Be comfortable conducting detailed discussions with Data Scientists regarding specific questions related to specific data models.
- You should be a strong problem solver with proven experience in big data.
You should recognize yourself in the following…
- Master's degree in Math or Computer Science and at least 5+ years of experience in Big Data Engineering.
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem.
- Knowledge and experience with PySpark, Mapreduce, HDFS, Linux, Storm, Kafka.
- Proficient with programming in Python, experience in Pandas, Sklearn or Other data science and data analysis toolset is a big plus.
- Having a background of data mining and machine learning domain, familiar with common algorithms and libs is a plus.
- Passion for cloud computing (AWS in particular) and distributed systems.
- You must be a great problem solver with the ability to dive deeply into complex problems and emerge with clear and pragmatic solutions.
- Good communication, and cooperation globally.
This is what we offer…
- We provide a $1,000 (country equivalent) WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Remote working from anywhere in PST time zone! We are not office centric anymore and never will be.
- 90-days global passport. Work from anywhere in the world for 90 days a year!
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
- Generous Employee Referral Program. Up to $10,000 for specific roles.
Yes, I want this job!