Location: Rosemont, Illinois
This role is focused ensuring that the company's global voice and video systems are meeting all operations performance and reliability targets. The role is responsible for all operational activities related to our cloud or on premise voice and video systems, engaging with partners and applications owners for all voice or video demands, and assisting the architecture and engineering team with delivery of new technology as required.
The Senior VoIP Operations Engineer will work collaboratively across multiple IT functions, employees and vendors to ensure that IT operations for cloud and on premise global voice and video infrastructures are reliable and scalable. Planning and implementing programs to enable global voice and video infrastructures to operate effectively and scale reliably. Operational excellence and continuous improvement activities for Global VoIP Operations through IT Services Management process and procedures.
Position responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Monitor and provide operational support for Cisco Unified Communication systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications
- Provide operational support for Cisco Video Conferencing solutions and services integrated with Cisco Unified Communications environment
- Responsible for troubleshooting and processing operational tickets received from Tier 1 and Tier 2 support personnel as well as escalated incidents that are received from other sources
- Participates in the current and future ITSM processes including but not limited to incident, problem, and change control processes
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Categorize issues for escalation and assign to appropriate technical teams where required
- Act as escalation point for our managed service provider to review and resolve technical issues
- Provide technical leadership and maintain accountability till issues are resolved to the business satisfaction
- Participates in an on call rotation to provide operational support off hours and as required
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Enable and drive continuous improvement through the IT Service Center and Managed Service partners
- Collect and review performance reports from various systems to identify issues, trends or develop recommendations to improve operational performance
- Perform capacity planning, trend analysis and resource utilization reporting to manage and improve application and infrastructure operations
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles and runbooks to provide improved operational support
- Develop and oversee the adherence to maintenance and performance standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Any other duties as assigned
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent on-the-job IT technical experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience providing operational support for Cisco Unified Communications platform, technologies and infrastructures
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with Cisco Unified Communications and collaboration concepts, products, technologies as well as other industry voice standards and protocols
- Demonstrated experience with LAN/WAN technologies and QOS design and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with driving continuous operational process and service improvements
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Cisco Certification - CCVP
- Cisco Certification such as CCNP or CCIE Voice
- Experience with Microsoft Skype for Business and Cisco IP telephony integration
- Experience designing and supporting global scale voice solutions
- Experience with backup systems and Disaster Recovery methods for both CUCM and Unity Connection Servers
For more information on this job:
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
- Main Site