Senior UX Designer - CXD
Create the next generation of native experiences for Vanguard clients
Our company mission is to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. The Client Experience and Digital department promises to create meaningful world-class experiences that exceed client expectations, positioning Vanguard as the trusted financial partner and industry disruptor.
As a Senior UX Designer in mobile, you will create native user experiences that satisfy client needs and drive the business forward. You will take ownership of key flows within our native experiences involving every aspect of UX, from discovery and concept to information architecture, UI design and handoff to dev.
You will partner with product and technology leads to establish, execute and convey the design of the next generation of native experiences at Vanguard. Keen attention to detail combined with creativity and empathetic problem-solving abilities are the keys to success in this role.
Your impact will reach far beyond our clients and our business to set world-class standards for the industry as a whole.
In this role, you will:
* Craft exceptional solutions across native channels to meet the diverse needs of our clients
* Collaborate with UX Strategists and other Designers to continually improve the client experience
* Work in partnership with cross-divisional teams and business leaders to deliver designs, prototypes and UX documentation
* Use a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques, as well as client feedback, to understand and continually improve the client experience
* Leverage and enhance our mobile and multi-device design system
* Keep your finger on the pulse of native UX trends and emerging technologies
A design experience that delivers
The Retail Client Experience and Digital strategic priority aims to provide Vanguard clients with a best-in-class experience that reflects intelligent, purposeful design. We take a client-centric approach by orienting around journeys - a client's end-to-end experience when performing a certain task - while demonstrating human-centered design and rapid experimentation to create digital experiences that exceed expectations
What it takes:
* Undergraduate degree (or equivalent training and experience in a creative or technical field)
* At least five years of industry/field-specific experience, including interactive web design
* Native design experience is mandatory
Specializations that'll make an impact
* Advanced knowledge in user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior and interactions
* Advanced knowledge in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content, user experience)
* Experience creating and maintaining an interactive design system is a huge plus.
* Portfolio or work samples preferred.
* Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.