Sr. Trading Infrastructure Software Engineer - Crypto Quantitative Hedge Fund
This company is a quantitative hedge fund that trades cryptocurrency. In 2020 it was a top 10 performer in the industry, netting an annual return after fees of 50%.
The team is composed of a former finance & operations data analyst, a former Sr. Google Software engineer, a seasoned data scientist who was a VP of Machine Learning at a top asset management firm, and a PhD with 10+ years of experience in higher dimensional time series analysis. They are looking to keep their team small and full of elite talent.
The company is now expanding its team, its assets under management, and expanding into new trading markets.
In addition to a salary of up to $250k, the company will pay yearly bonuses that will be in the range of $25-75k per year depending on performance.
- Primarily working with Python, AWS, Terraform.
- Extending and improving the trader pipeline: sourcing data with low latency, evaluating 1000s of models in parallel at high speed, and executing the orders with minimal slippage.
- Writing data scrapers for various exchanges and other important data sources; ensuring data quality and availability.
- Improving the AWS infrastructure: RDS (Postgres), Athena, Batch, ECR (Docker), ECS services plus various metrics and alarms.
- Bringing creative ideas to the table: how to improve the system, running experiments to improve the models, and finding additional ways to increase returns. Potentially running some experiments and participating in the alpha discovery process more directly.
- Working on infrastructure that will help to speed up the research process.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Willing to learn and primarily use Python. The company has no preference on what language(s) you are experienced in.
- Ability to write low-error, reliable production grade code.
- Understands performance bottlenecks and knows how to optimize them away.
Nice to have:
- Experience with high-stakes programs (e.g. medical, financial, any high availability service with 99.99%+ uptime).
- Experience working with an infrastructure with multiple components.
- Python, AWS, Terraform.
- Experience programming with Julia.
- Experience with bitcoin, ethereum, or any other cryptocurrencies or blockchain technologies.
About Skyrocket Ventures
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
After you apply to this job posting, we'll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we'll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you.
Thank you, and we wish you a great job search!