At Jacobs, we're not just building structures,we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilitiesthat are changing our world.
We'relooking foraSenior Telecommunications Engineerto join our West Coast team.Join us and you'llhave the chance to work onMission critical, Healthcare, Federal, and Industrial buildingswhere you will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You'll be accountable for providing technical design of systems for building projects including security, telecommunications, electronic security, audio-visual systems, horizontal cabling, intra/inter design backbone, and related technologies. You'll also prepare engineering drawings, specifications, reports, estimating, review technical documents.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare drawings and specification detailing the Communications Systems design.
- Prepare project design standards and requirements as applicable for each project
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including document management and processing RFI's and Change Orders
- Support PM in the on-going determination of project scheduling requirements, staffing, requirements, and project budgets.
- Interview stakeholders, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches for junior and CAD staff to maintain quality and technical content through the life of each project.
- Perform product research; assist project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research
- Design new communications systems or modification to existing communications systems to develop or improve them
- Provide project quality control reviews at project milestones
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Bring your attention to detail and drive for success, and we'll help you pursue your goals - so we can tackle challenging projects, together.Qualifications
- Experience in telecommunications, security, and audiovisual systems design
- 10+years of experience actively designing low voltage and communications systems for buildings
- Familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of ANSI/TIA and BICSI standards
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Knowledge of the federal Unified Facilities Codes (UFCs) and DoD regulations
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Previous DoD experience, basic competency with Federal energy standards, Unified Facility Criteria (UFC) and other Government requirements
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.