Infrastructure Support Sr. Specialist Our Team
Technology Services Group (TSG) leverages BNY Mellon's modern technology infrastructure to enable powerful business solutions while vigorously prioritizing our stability and resiliency.
TSG Production Services - We ensure reliable service delivery through industry best practices, as well as warranting a controlled, secure, and regulatory-compliant production environment with greater stability and resiliency. We deliver enhanced flexibility, scalability, and responsiveness to support dynamic client demands with improved quality.
The Platform Production Services Virtualization team is responsible for global management of our virtual infrastructure. We manage the hypervisors and the underlying hardware. We also manage many different supporting software. The Role
This Sr. Specialist, Production Services Infrastructure Support
position plays a key role in the maintenance and support of the virtual infrastructure of the bank and be a contributing member of Platform Services Virtualization Team.
Members of this team will have a good knowledge of change management procedures and change management tools. They will actively monitor and troubleshoot the compute and hypervisor hardware environments. Performs evergreen maintenance impacting all lines of business. Regularly performs break-fix activities. Regularly performs software and firmware upgrades.
We have a strong team culture in a growing segment using desirable VMware cloud software. We have well defined SOP (standard operating procedures) which is useful for knowing your duties and tasks. We also have a layered team and provide active mentoring. If you want to grow, our team may be the right option for you. Key Responsibilities:
- Alert response and remediation
- Incident triage/troubleshooting
- Regularly performs break-fix activities
- Performs evergreen maintenance impacting all lines of business
- Problem management for virtualization/infrastructure related RCA
- Learn and teach. We have a strong team culture; we invest in each other's success
- Being an active participant in the change control process, managing and coordinating all phases of the procedure to ensure successful completion
- Automation and productivity enhancements related to the environment
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- 2-3 years virtualization/infrastructure experience, or 1-2 years with degree and/or industry-certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- VMware support tools experience, including PowerShell and PowerCLI.
- Compute hardware experience, especially Cisco (UCS and Hyperflex) and Dell (VxRail and Poweredge)
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Flexibility to support a 24x7 model, including weekends and holidays
- VMWare vSphere 6.5 to 7.0 experience
- Cisco UCS Manager and Central experience
- Dell OpenManage and VxRail experience
- Service Now change control experience
- Strives for excellence being focused on priorities and key results
- Experience in large organizations within the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.