Cognizant is looking for Spark Developer to join our Artificial Intelligence and Analytics practice (AIA) for a remote project. As a trusted advisor, responsible for providing an approach for the overall project. As a domain specialist, you will drive technology discussions and analyze the existing gaps in addressing business needs. You are a thought leader-comfortable challenging the status quo to enhance our current services and technologies.
About AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future-a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence. Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, Assemble large, sophisticated data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'Big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to deliver impactful insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with partners including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- 5 plus years of experience working on AWS, S3, Glue, EMR, Redshift, RDS.
- 4 plus years of experience working on Spark, Scala and Python.
- Should be good in cloud databases like dynamodb, cloud data warehouse like snowflake
- Should be independent in working and story interpretation and ready to start from Day 1
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience on workflow automation / scheduling tools like Airflow
- Machine Learning Experience with tools such as H2O
Cognizant will not be able to provide sponsorship for this role. Candidates have the option of working remotely. Company Description
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
#LI-JK1 - provided by Dice