Twitter is what's happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.Job DescriptionWho We Are: Discovery is committed to building geographically distributed teams and we welcome applicants across the US/Canada to apply.
Twitter's Discovery teams are dedicated to getting the majority of the world to find and participate in all that is happening on Twitter. We are comprised of many teams across the company, including Product, Engineering, Design, and Data Science.
Realizing this goal involves work in areas such as machine learning, applied data science, recommendation systems, distributed systems, and information retrieval systems, all applied at a large scale. Discovery has been a major contributor to Twitter's growth and continues to expand its impact on users through innovations in machine learning and large scale distributed systems.What You'll Do:
As a member of one of the Discovery Backend Infrastructure teams, you will:
QualificationsWho You Are:
- Architect and build services at a huge scale, but also lead and build new product initiatives on top of the platform.
- Work directly with engineers, product managers and designers across the company to build tools and systems that enable them to accomplish amazing things
- Directly impact the lives of every Twitter user.
- Own specific problems related to Notifications and be given the resources, support, and autonomy to drive solutions.
- Work and communicate in our collaborative atmosphere. Give and receive feedback to build trust and transparency. Join a team where we #LoveWhereWeWork.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise
- You are excited to learn from your amazing peers
Additional InformationWe are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience, or 4+ year with an advanced degree.
- Fluency with at least one of the following languages: Java, C/C++, Python, Ruby, Scala, or any functional language (we primarily use Scala)
- Comfortable with SQL and noSQL data storage systems,
- Experience with designing, improving, and debugging complex, scalable distributed systems
- Experience with writing tests for production software
- Experience operating production software in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Familiarity with classical computer science algorithms (e.g., tree traversal)