Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
In this role as a Sr. Product Manager, Converged Infrastructure and Solutions you will define, create, and deliver data center converged - integrated compute, storage, and networking - infrastructure solutions that address the challenges and inefficiencies of the traditional data center in enterprise accounts. This next generation infrastructure will offer greater capabilities and increased flexibility along with simplified deployment, management and integrated support for automation and orchestration.
Your focus will be hybrid cloud, private cloud, and edge on-premises Converged, Hyperconverged and Software Defined Infrastructure capable of supporting traditional and cloud native workloads running in virtualized, containerized, and bare metal environments.
You will also assist in creating solutions for Business Applications, Mission Critical Apps, Big Data & Analytics, and IT Automation. Collaborating with industry thought leaders and domain experts along with co-creating with innovative enterprise organizations, you will be the 'voice of the customer' and deliver on Hitachi's mission of pioneering next generation digital infrastructure solutions enabling a differentiating customer experience for traditional and cloud-native applications.
* Profitably manage lifecycle of existing products and solutions; as well as successfully bring new solutions from conceptualization phase to the stage of critical adoption. Manage multiple products / solutions in parallel.
* Gainfully manage solutions / products business growth through direct and indirect sales channels.
* Assist sales and system engineers in closing opportunities.
* Evangelize and drive adoption of solutions / products into multiple marketplaces leveraging various communication channels and sales enablement such as presentations, speaking engagements at industry forums, whitepapers, blogs, webinars, live demonstrations, etc.
* Partner with Engineering to develop and enhance solutions and launch them on a regular basis.
* Engage with prospects and customers to discover underlying business drivers, identify challenges, devise solutions, and demonstrate capabilities.
* Identify market opportunities, define solution vision and strategy.
* Develop ROI projections and analysis to determine the business value, define release goals and prioritize features.
* Monitor relevant emerging industry trends and technologies.
* 10+ years of experience in a Product Management. Additional experience in Engineering, Cloud Service Provider and Technology Strategy role is a plus.
* 4+ years of product management experience with compute / server technology; experience with networking, storage, and other data infrastructure is a plus.
* Proven experience accelerating revenue and profitably managing complete lifecycle of multiple products / solutions in parallel via direct and indirect routes to market; experience bringing new products/solutions to market from conceptualization to significant business growth
* Deep understanding of data center infrastructure convergence technologies such as converged / hyperconverged / composable disaggregated infrastructure; knowledge/experience with public cloud on-premises solutions is a plus.
* Strong understanding of bare metal, virtualized (VMware/others), and containerized/Kubernetes environments; understanding of cloud native architecture and cloud native applications' infrastructure requirements is desired.
* Strong understanding of private / hybrid cloud solutions and application / workloads infrastructure requirements.
* Strong understanding of infrastructure management and automation products and technologies.
* Product management solution experience or an understanding of solutions utilizing SAP, Oracle, MSSQL, any ERP/CRM, in-memory databases, Analytics, or other business applications is desired.
* An entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work independently to deliver results.
* Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with team members and key stakeholders.
* High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using financial data, usage metrics, ROI, etc. to drive decision-making.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing customers and cross functional teams.
* Masters in Business preferred, Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science or related
* Ability to converse in Japanese is a plus.
* 10% domestic and international travel may be required.
* The preferred location for this role is Santa Clara, but can be remote in major city across the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.