WHO WE ARE
We're passionate about helping hard-working entrepreneurs grow their property management businesses. We're a collective of uniquely talented individuals who are at the top of our game and are determined to get better at what we do every day. Our determination to make our customers' lives better and break records is contagious-you find yourself becoming intensely passionate about the work that we do, even if the property management industry was never on your radar before you got here.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Buildium is an all-in-one property management Saas platform which real estate professionals use to take control of their business by streamlining their accounting, maintenance, communication, and leasing processes in the cloud. Buildium is for the growing 3rd party property manager who has rental, association, mixed use and/or commercial units and wants a simple, elegant, easy to use, "single pane of glass" solution for their entire property management business. Buildium is part of RealPage's Mixed Use business unit and is a key contributor to the growth and expansion in the mid-market property management space.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Product Manager, reporting to the Director of Product Management, you'll be a key member of the Product Management team helping to deliver the core tools and services property managers need to run their businesses. In addition to owning a scrum team yourself, you'll have the opportunity to mentor other teams as well. You'll collaborate with the team to build, test, and optimize the property management experience. As a Product Lead at Buildium, you'll work with a delivery team to guide a team of passionate engineers focused on creating products that our customers love. You'll become the acknowledged expert on your scrum team with deep knowledge of our customers, the industry, our product, and our business.
* Manage a group of related Products in Buildium's Payments, Insurance, and Vacancy Cycle areas
* Mentor more junior members of the product team and aid in their skill and career development
* Be a visible leader on the Mixed Use product management organization; your expertise and strategic thinking will determine not just what we build but where we should take the company, and how we should build our product organization to win in the market
* Take responsibility for the team's success in delivering high-value solutions for Buildium's customers
* Ensure that all delivered work meets the stated goals and help the Business measure and report outcomes
* Act as a product subject-matter-expert to your team's Business Lead, Developers and UX Designers
* Work with Product Marketers to launch and promote new products and features
* Keep Customer Success, Customer Support and Sales informed of product changes and serve as the point person for them on your team
* Run one scrum team as "product owner"
* Understand and break down features into work items for Delivery
* Participate in backlog grooming and sizing, sprint planning, and daily Scrums
* Acceptance test completed work items
* Own the team's release plan and prioritized backlog
* Work with the Engineering Lead, Scrum Master and user experience designer to keep work on track
* Work with other members of the Product Management practice to coordinate and share subject matter expertise
* Stay on top of the property management industry, technology trends, the competition
* Understand the property management/Proptech industry and economic trends affecting the space
* Maintain alignment with product strategy and consistency across products and features
* Serve as a resource for other teams during product conceptualization
* Grit and a good attitude. Come to this hiring process with examples of how you analyzed a market and a customer set, and what you built as a result. We aren't impressed by fancy degrees or buzzy company names. Tell us what YOU did with YOUR opportunities.
* Innate curiosity and a belief that your work can create technology that makes our customer's businesses grow
* Experience in managing other Product team members, or a desire to take a managerial career track in Product and demonstrated (through successful product releases) competence as a leader
* Experience developing and releasing software using an Agile methodology
* BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience with product management or equivalent business experience
* Demonstrated success in working with internal and external stakeholders, with all the pressures and nuances that entails
* A passion for solving customer problems and creating products that inspire
* Rigorous understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle, including who is involved and what they bring to the table, and how an Agile approach by the entire company delivers value to the customer
* Design aptitude; you don't need to be a designer, but you need to recognize good and bad design when you see it
* Exceptional verbal and written communications skills; you must be equally adept working with engineers and designers as you are with customers
* Patience and calm under pressure
* Experience working with Payments or Insurance software products
* Experience developing a product with a mobile application; or at a company that prioritized native mobile applications
* Experience working within a regulated industry
* Experience developing software for the small to mid-size business market, or consumer market
WHAT WE OFFER
* Casual and collaborative work environment
* Flexible time off
* Medical, dental & vision insurance
* 401(k) retirement plan with company match
* Parental leave
* Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
* Commuter benefits
* Free lunch Thursdays
* Ping Pong, Foosball, etc
* Free snacks
At Buildium we're always looking for smart, driven, enthusiastic professionals who want to join our team. Our vision is to create a 100-year company with a mission of helping small businesses succeed - all while setting the highest standard for the way business should be done. Those aren't just words on our wall - they are words we live by. We love what we do. We love what we're building. And we love our customers. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you.
Buildium, a RealPage company, is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.