Sr. Lead Data Engineers will be responsible for leading complex role specific, pre-defined analytics infrastructure on projects of moderate technical complexity, focusing on developing solutions to data modeling and/or analytics technology needs. They must be able to quickly develop mastery of the needed subject across Restaurant Development for which they are responsible.
Our Sr. Lead Data Engineers typically work with some latitude for action or decisions on specific projects, solutions, or technical issues. Successful candidates for this role must have strong analytical and data modeling skills, a solid understanding of database technology and data use within analytic platforms, and they must have strong programming skills.We expect Sr. Lead Data Engineers to have the capacity for fluency and competency in both the technology language of IT and the analyst language of departmental analysts. They will need to be fast learners with a keen eye for detail, systems thinking, and process design. They must be team players who work steadfastly to create impactful change. This is a professional track role.
The person who fills this role will be expected to do the following as a part of their regular work responsibilities:
- Works with business stakeholders and IT to translate business logic into scalable data and analytic solutions.
- Develops ETL pipelines for general business consumption, typically leveraging existing patterns as available for specific project execution and building pipelines with scalability in mind.
- Leverages cloud compute resources efficiently.
- Owns and is accountable for data model and code quality and any relevant documentation.
- Implements data governance and master data management principles across specific project execution.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as necessary to support specific project work.
- Drives complex projects to success and enables others to own the impact
- Has strong analytical and BI data modeling skills, SSAS, SSMS
- Has a solid understanding of database technology, SQL Server, ESRI SDE
- Has strong programming skills in Python (Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, etc.)
- Has some experience using the AWS environment and console
- Has the skill to partner with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication
- Keen eye for system thinking and process design, especially with respect to scalability and automation
- Has moderate experience with Power BI and ESRI
- Has some experience implementing data governance principles
Minimum Years of Experience: 5 Travel Requirements: 10% Required Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree Preferred Level of Education: Masters Degree Major/Concentration: Business Analytics, Computer Science, or similar fields