United States of America Location:
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52 USA At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Eng & Technology - Mission Systems organization is seeking a Software Developer / Architect with a passion for development and support of solutions for providing infrastructure as a service to our internal customers.
Eng & Technology is at the forefront of providing state-of-the-art solutions that dramatically increases Collins Aerospace Mission Systems Engineering productivity and effectivity. Our recognized success has been based on the friendly, informal, and highly-cooperative team environment we've put in place, as well as across-the-board depth of talent. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
- Works as a member of a team to identify, solution, and deliver Infrastructure services to internal customers whom deliver applications to end users
- Works as a member of a team to provide proactive and responsive customer support to infrastructure services / solutions deployed by and owned by team
- Works as a member of a team to create & maintain vendor relationships with 3rd parties that deliver critical services for our success
- Works with the team to identify and drive a "team" architecture roadmap meant to transform us to providing infrastructure as a service / code utilizing on prem and cloud technologies
- Responsible for advanced technical and personal mentoring of less- senior team members.
- Root cause analysis on application and server outages
- Leads and coordinates proof of concepts for validation against requirements and solutions design review and ranking w/ customer & leadership.
- Application and server performance Monitoring solutions
- Develops and maintains technical documentation and proposals
- Amazon Web Services
- Architecture / Design
- Delivery Automation / Test
- Operations / Monitoring / Management
- Security & Compliance
- Linux / Windows Server Administration
- Compliance / Security Controls (DFARS, PI, TPIP, Technical Data)
- Docker / Containerization
- Systems performance analysis (Elastic stack, Zabbix, Grafana)
- Docker Orchestration / Automation (Kubernetes)
- Disaster Recovery
- Java WebApp administration
- Database Infrastructure Administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL)
- AWS Practitioner Certification
- AWS Solutions Architecture Associate Certification
- AWS SysOps Administrator Associate Certification
- AWS Developer Associate Certification
- AWS DevOps Engineer Pro Certification
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizenship
We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms