The IT Infrastructure Engineer provides technical support in the delivery of advanced technology for key, enterprise architecture(EA) initiatives. The position participates in an EA team on projects and tasks involving the development, testing, and implementation of new enterprise-level technologies. The IT Infrastructure Engineer directly impacts the design and implementation of IT solutions and systems to support company-wide business applications. The position may directly impact Company's business objectives when those objectives are dependent upon the performance of the Company's enterprise architecture.
Duties related to analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the enterprise structural framework to align IT strategy, plans, and systems with the goals, structure, and processes of the Company:
- Modifies and implements the Company's enterprise architecture, ensuring that the IT infrastructure is technically sound, consistent with strategic goals, and conforms to required internal and external standards;
- Assists in determining the gaps between the current and the target architecture and developing plans for the transitioning to target architecture;
- Adheres to the policies and principles which guide technology decisions for the enterprise architecture;
- Identifies opportunities to improve enterprise-level systems to support business processes and utilize emerging technologies;
- Assists in the development of reference models of the enterprise and works with others in maintaining the information in designated corporate repositories;
- Participates in driving technical integration across the enterprise by participating in test planning, validation, and reviews;
- Assists in evaluating the impact of enterprise architectural products and services on IT investments, business operations, stakeholder satisfaction, and other outcomes;
- In conjunction with other IT professionals and at the direction of the IT Infrastructure Manager, participates in governance and portfolio management activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture;
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices to all components of the enterprise architecture.
- Exercises judgement and originality to:
- Assess the state of complex and varied IT architectures; and
- Assist in the development and deployment of the most appropriate architectural framework including the proper documentation of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Executes work assigned to a EA team (IT Infrastructure Engineers) and implements final solutions after production sign-off;
- Applies information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices to all components of the enterprise architecture;
- Adhere to company operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in training opportunities as defined by the IT Infrastructure Manager to stay current in information technology architectural methods and practices or to meet Company defined training requirements;
- Maintains any required professional certifications
Incident Response & Disaster Recovery:
- Assists in incident response efforts related to information security threat events;
- Maintains system resiliency through the deployment and management of disaster recovery resources, tools, and methods.
Knowledge of, and skill in applying, most of the following:
- IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices;
- IT systems development life cycle management concepts;
- performance monitoring principles and methods;
- quality assurance principles;
- technical documentation methods and procedures;
- systems security methods and procedures;
- oral and written communications techniques;
Sufficient to perform routine and recurring assignments related to enterprise architectural design, implementation, and maintenance.
Knowledge of, and skill in applying:
- the company's missions and business objectives;
- the Company's IT infrastructure to business objectives;
- enterprise architectural principles, methods, and practices;
Sufficient to participate in the deployment of Company enterprise architectural goals, objectives, plans, and policies.
- enterprise architectural concepts, methods, and practices;
- network and server management methods;
- bandwidth management concepts;
- IT security methods;
Sufficient to manage a large and complex network including:
- establishing routing schema;
- maintaining directory services;
- managing domain name services;
- providing intranet, internet, or extranet gateways; and
- executing actions to ensure the implementation of networks that support mission requirements.
Ability to manage:
- Github repositories and group;
- AWS EC2, S3, ELB, Route53, and other services;
- Application configuration files; and
- SSL certificates.
Familiarity with application development process and tools including:
- understanding of change control processes
- knowledge of source control
- understanding of Continuous Integration development
Experience and Education:
5+ years' experience in information technology enterprise architectural development and management; bachelor's degree in information technology, or a related field; management will consider post-graduate education in lieu of experience; experience in maintaining IT architecture in a financial industry setting is a plus; CCNA or CCNP, LFCS, MCP, MariaDB Certified Professional, MySQL Certified Database Administrator, AWS SysOps or Solutions Architect, Google Cloud Certified Professional, PCNSA, or CCSE desired.
- provided by Dice