The Avaya Voice Engineer II leads small to medium enterprise projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 2 technical support of on premise and cloud voice and video information technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to voice architecture design, strategies and security/PCI compliance.
The Avaya Voice Engineer II 's responsibilities are to install, configure and implement VoIP telephony platforms, local, wide area networks and cloud telecommunications along with management and associated diagnostic tools to support new and existing enterprise voice technology architectures.
The Avaya Voice Engineer II makes decisions independently on Information Systems solutions, problems and methods and presents to leadership for input. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience in large enterprise or retail environments.
Manage projects, engineering design of Avaya Call Center Application Services, telephony integration and programming/implementation of Avaya CM, System Manager, Session Manager, Voice/Experience Portal IVR, Avaya Dialog Designer, Breeze, Avaya POM application programming/scripting and call flows.
Expert Working Knowledge of Avaya Core Systems including CM, System Manager, Session Manager, CMS, OA, Voice Portal IVR and POM, Elite Vector Scripting, Work Flows, Configuration of Avaya AES CTI, Avaya IC Multimedia Server Application Voice, Email and Chat.
Participates and leads the planning, evaluation, testing, selection, implementation and level 2 support of:
VoIP/SIP infrastructures that include system design and capacity planning on premise and Cloud.
Intranet/Integration Connectivity between systems Avaya, Cisco, Toshiba PBX's and Contact Center Applications
Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) and Cloud Network Management and Diagnostic tools
The Avaya Voice Engineer II collaborates with junior and senior engineers on VoIP & networking technologies, standards, methodologies, and procedures. Participates and leads development, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise voice and network standards and documentation. Participates and leads in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals. Participates and leads in enterprise VoIP network infrastructure audit activities and provides evidence as required. Participates and leads with network infrastructure remediation activities. Coordinates efforts to isolate and resolve network and contact center application related issues.
Participates in IT and corporate-lead initiatives. Researches new technology and evaluates viability to meet or exceed business requirements and goals.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 5 years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development
• 2 years of infrastructure engineering experience working across multiple domains, platforms, or specialty areas
• 2 years of experience leading projects with or without direct reports• 6 years of experience planning, designing, and implementation experience in VoIP network and networking in a large enterprise environment
• Working knowledge of Routers, LAN switches and at least 5 years of the following network related Avaya platforms: (R 7.1 or Higher)
•Avaya System Mgr
•Avaya Session Mgr
•Avaya Contact Center Elite
•Avaya AEP IVR
•Avaya Proactive Outreach Manager (POM)
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2 years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher)
• 3 years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 3 years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 3 years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
• 3 years of IT experience in the retail industry
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow on Twitter.