As a leading telecom company, T-Mobile has a natural place in the world of connected devices, so called Internet of Things (IoT). Our team is focused on in-house product development including hardware, software platform and mobile applications. We strive to deliver connected experiences to customers in a fast and iterative development process. Customer focus, customer driven development are important skills in our team no matter the role.Responsibilities
- As a senior engineer on the IoT platform team, you will be working on cutting edge technology in the hardware and software world. You will be building a common platform that supports multiple connected products, mobile applications, and deliver functionality based on geo location, push notifications, device management, user management while prioritizing privacy and security of customer data.
- You will be interacting with product managers to help them discover technology features and capabilities, advise them on feasibility, and provide estimations. You will be working with hardware engineers to consume device data, manage devices and send data to the devices. You will be working with mobile developers to provide API's that drive mobile features.
- Test driven development will be your foundation for delivering quality code at source with unit tests, integration tests. You will own the delivery of your code from end-to-end, automating continuous integration and delivery.
- Proficiency in Java or C# or Similar object-oriented language
- Expertise in developing scalable API's while considering security (authentication and authorization) and privacy best practices
- Experience in hosting cloud applications in AWS or Azure platforms or similar IaaS proivder
- Experience with containers (Docker) and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Marathon, Swarm)
- Experience with geo location data
- Automated testing of code, build pipelines and delivery
- Experience in Document Database (CosmosDB/ MongoDB/ Cassandra), proficiency in SQL
- Understanding of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP and networking and security standards
- Production support and reliability engineering, monitoring and alerts
- Software systems design, design patterns, OOPS concepts
- Desired Skills:
- Experience in Java Spring framework is a plus
- Familiarity with big data, streaming analytics is a plus
- Experience in providing API's to mobile apps is a plus
- Knowledge with Kotlin is a plus
- Full stack web development is a plus
- 5 plus years of cloud-based API development experience
- Bachelor's degree in STEM faculties
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.