Job Description: Sr. Electrical Engineer I/II - COTS Hardware Infrastructure Engineer
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon Technologies team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation!
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) has an exciting opportunity for an electrical engineer with a strong COTS computing and networking background to join our Hardware and Infrastructure team implementing the next generation RADAR solutions.
Typical responsibilities include:
* COTS hardware infrastructure system design (e.g. x86-based processors); research and selection of servers, workstations, add-in interface cards, storage devices, networking, and other COTS hardware components from a variety of manufacturers
* System prototyping and integration in the lab to validate system engineering and initial deployment models
* Hand off network designs to cyber protection and network administration teams to complete deployment
This position can be a G08 or an G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
* 4 years of relevant experience
* Applied practice and knowledge of emerging and legacy hardware and software, including Linux operating systems
* Demonstrated knowledge and practice developing and implementing computing, networking, and information technology infrastructure through a rigorous design and documentation process
* Experience with taking a system design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and developing a complete COTS-based hardware design and then validating the design via integration and test plans and activities
* Experience working in a lab environment and operating standard test equipment including oscilloscopes, processor bus analyzers, emulators, network data capture tools, etc.
* System level hardware integration and troubleshooting skills
* Experience collaborating in development with hardware engineering disciplines, supply chain, suppliers, field engineering, on-site installation and trades, and Customers to develop and deliver safety critical systems
* Effective communication skills, both oral and written as well as thorough knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
* Willingness to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
* 6 years of relevant experience
* Current or in-progress computing/networking certification(s) (e.g. CCNA, AWS, CISSP)
* Experience with RADAR systems
* Proven innovator of new and emerging technologies
* Existing security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
* A Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.