Sr. Cyber Security Controls Assessor- IT - Information Technology Job Responsibilities
· The Cyber Security Controls Assessment family is responsible for the assessment, verification, review, and audit of General Computer Controls across the enterprise.
· The Cyber Security Controls Assessor, Senior (Assessor) NERC CIP, will be responsible for assessments which will require review and evaluation of network, computing assets and platforms for compliance with defined NERC standards, internal processes, and procedures.
· Additionally, the Assessor will be responsible for the identification of risks, evaluation of control deficiencies, and recommendation on remediation efforts consistent with IT organizational policies, standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements. Other responsibilities of the role include:
· Develop test procedures and/or document recommendations for test plan modifications that improve validation of control objectives.
· Test procedure development may cover a wide range of technically diverse topics ranging from IP Network Discovery, password length and complexity requirements, vulnerability management, and many others.
· Perform multi-platform (application, database, operating system, middleware, monitoring tools, and business processes) level audits based on predefined test objectives and test plans.
· Perform retest of controls that have been remediated or updated as a result of previously identified deficiencies.
· Obtain, review, and interpret evidence provided to validate controls are performed effectively.
· Prepare, plan, conduct, and report on results of IT Compliance assessments in accordance with industry best practices and established regulatory standards (NIST SP800-53, SP800-115, SOX, NERC CIP v5).
· Obtain, review, and interpret organizational IT policies, standards and procedures to identify control points that would assist in mitigating risk to the business.
· Review test results or interpret evidence to address vulnerabilities, gaps, or control deficiencies; work with stakeholders to establish plans for sustainable resolution.
· Identify risks associated with control failures and supports the identification of mitigating controls Engage management in discussion about creative, efficient, and effective was to improve internal control environment
· Partner with control owners to ensure control documentation is updated periodically to reflect current control environment
· Capture and report metrics for services and activities delivered to customers and/or as part of internal initiatives
· Perform other tasks as necessary to ensure that the
· Compliance meets its commitments to customers
· May provide consultative direction to less experienced team members
· Support the Compliance Sr. Manager/Manager as needed Sr. Cyber Security Controls Assessor- IT - Information Technology Job Requirements: Job Requirements: Top Skills
1) IT Audit/Controls testing experience,
2) Technical security assessments (network/infrastructure layer)
3) NERC CIP assessment experience
4) Big 4 experience required. Other requirements of the role include:
· Bachelors in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certification Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
· Experience in Information Technology (IT) risk management, or related
· 5yrs Experience in Information Technology (IT)
· 5yrs Utility industry experience. Sr. Cyber Security Controls Assessor- IT - Information Technology