Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
* This position will be located in Kansas City, MO*
* Develops security policy to comply with security requirements as defined by the customer and provides input to the customer as requested when the customer develops security requirements
* Evaluates security requirements and conducts feasibility studies to examine software requirements, administration costs, information flow, and makes computer security solutions recommendations to management
* Analyzes, designs, tests, implements, and maintains most complex computing security systems including hardware, software, data bases, networks, and/or telecommunication for PCs, workstations, minicomputers, microprocessors, or mainframes
* Plans and schedules computer security project activities and monitors and reports project progress to management while maintaining project and computer security documentation
* Works with clients to implement system security measures, assists with computer security plans and documentation and provides technical guidance and training
* Performs installation, functional and performance testing, maintenance, and modification of vendor supplied hardware, software, DBMS, network and telecommunication computer security products
* Resolves complex computer security issues by designing, developing, and implementing innovative technical solutions
* Demonstrates knowledge about complex computer security applications software and is able to train clients and assist them in resolving computer security problems
* Demonstrates project management skills and may serve as acting manager in the managers absence
* Evaluates and makes recommendations to management regarding technological advances that improve computing system security, reduce flow time, and enhance operational surety
* Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to ""stop"" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
YOU MUST HAVE
* Five or more years of related experience in cyber security, networking, hardware, operating systems, or a similar role
* US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept of Energy ""Q"" level security clearance
* Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, a related discipline
* Demonstrated experience securing AWS, Azure, or other IaaS providers
* Demonstrated experience securing M365
* Demonstrated experience securing SaaS solutions
* JOB ID: req288971
* Category: Information Technology
* Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
* Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.