• Define the infrastructure and the software architecture for multiple platforms including switches, firewalls, routers and edge processing products
• Develop platform software and collaborate across engineering groups to maximize the use of common emerging platform technologies, conventions and technological building blocks.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Architects and Product Owners from various teams and Executive leaders to define the business and technical strategy
• Collaborate with global engineering leads at various businesses to establish and drive adoption of conventions and innovation
• This position has the growth potential to transition into an architectural function.
• 5+ years of experience in platform software development
• Understanding of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed service-oriented architectures, having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, scalability and security
• Experience implementing containerization solutions using Docker or LXC containers
• Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V, vSphere, and vCenter.
• Experience using Kubernetes, Docker, or Rancher for microservices deployment.
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines. Devops and Devsecops, version control, and system testing with Gitlab and Jenkins.
• Experience gaining insight from log files with Datadog, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, and Grafana.
• Experience implementing systems tracing with Jaeger and Opentracing.
• Familiarity with protocol level tracing with Wireshark.
• Production experience with distributed datastore using zookeeper, cassandra, postgres, kafka, redis, and ElasticSearch
• Experienced with programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Python and Go
• Familiar with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure
• Willingness to learn and teach complex technologies
• Voracious need to document code and catalog data transformations
Experience with the following technologies a bonus:
• Network Security, Firewalls and SIEM
• Ubuntu, CentOS
• SaaS solutions
• Secure Web Sockets
• Messaging systems (Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
• NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
• Device Management from the cloud
• Data lake solutions
• AI/Client for data processing
Bachelor's degree, Masters or PhD in relevant field preferred and/or equivalent combination of experience and education
- provided by Dice