Title: Specialized Wireless Engineer IV
Duration: 06 months (high possibility of extension)
Location: Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Individual contributor is responsible for driving wireless access technologies and deployment support related to 5G and other wireless broadband technologies. A key contributor to the team responsible for defining and developing wireless access technology initiatives enabling wireless access within the customer's home, business, and on the go. Six-month contract with potential to extend by one more year. The candidate will be working in Lab testing and evaluating various wireless technologies with a focus on 5G O-RAN.
- BSEE/Master's in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent; MBA preferred.
- Technology management experience working with the top MSOs, Telco, 2
satellite operators or major wireless vendors in the U.S.
- Project Management
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of wireless access technologies in key networking elements such as routing, switching, and security
- Knowledge in wireless access technologies, familiar with 5G, O-RAN and a clear track record of excellence managing wireless access engineering systems
- Extensive software development skills using multiple programming languages
- Knowledge to work and test in Lab environments
- Cloud Platforms
- Responsible for the development and evaluation of Wireless Radio Access Network (RAN) and 5G architecture, infrastructure, and products.
- Evaluates and develops software architecture and platform necessary to demonstrate proofs of concept
- Work with new technology development and validation to include: Studying new technology trends, formulating impact statement of such technologies on wireless technology strategy and services offering(s), validating the capabilities of such technologies through lab evaluation and possibly field trials.
- Develops tools and processes for technology innovation and proof of concept demonstration
- Assess new product requirements, develop technology and architecture solutions, and evaluate performance in support of those requirements.
- Supports other initiatives including improved wireless network security and virtualization of network functions, along with new applications supporting potential new services.
- Supports new wireless technological development for potential IoT activities and architectures.
- Responsible for engineering activities in the lab for validation, testing of new wireless technologies
- Integrates wireless architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission, and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Coordinate with vendors and leads the testing of new firmware, software, and hardware supporting wireless solutions.
- Construct test plans to validate functional, performance, and business requirements for the technologies over infrastructure
- Evaluate, select, and deploy new test tools and automation frameworks.
- Study future technology developments and formulate associated testing strategies.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance to team members in the lab.
- Ensure projects are accurately estimated and delivered according to schedule.
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws.
4G,5G,LTE,Test,RAN ,RAN test,RAN Testing,EnodeB,eNB,gNB,O-RAN