ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers. Your role:
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program - the International Space Station (ISS), NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon's surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind's understanding of the origins of our solar system. What you'll do all day:
You will love this job if you:
- Lead a small team of software developers and engineers in developing embedded flight software for a spacecraft wireless communication system.
- Develop and document system architecture.
- Perform Agile project planning, management and execution.
- Plan and implement the software development process across the full SDLC.
- Lead and participate in code, design and test reviews.
- Lead testing and verification efforts.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify and document software requirements.
- Perform requirements traceability analysis.
- Develop software.
- Ensure that coding standards are met.
- Ensure appropriate version control and configuration management.
- Troubleshoot problems or defects and recommending changes.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) years of progressive experience. Requires demonstrated technical expertise in engineering systems design and analysis.
- Experience with leading small teams of software developers and engineers.
- Experience with planning and executing software development processes and tasks.
- Experience developing software across the full development life cycle.
- Software project management.
- Familiarity with OpenWrt and/or DD-WRT Linux-based firmware for wireless routers and access points.
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Experience with RTOS.
- Experience with programming embedded microcontrollers.
- Experience with Agile Development tools and processes.
- Experience with hardware/software Integration.
- Experience with software configuration management/version control.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Experience with development environments such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, Atmel Studio, Code Composer Studio.
- Experience with network protocols.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
What we offer:
- Linux kernel module development.
- Mesh network experience on WRT.
- Device driver programming.
- Experience with I2C, SPI, USB, RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, NTP, SNMP.
- NASA software and systems development requirements and standards, including NPR 7150 NASA Software Engineering Requirements.
- DO178 Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification.
- Scripting languages such as Python.
- Time Triggered Ethernet Protocol (TTE/TTP).
- Software coding standards such as MISRA.
- Software configuration management tools such as Gitlab.
- Issue tracking tools such as Jira.
- Project and task scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Software engineering for safety critical systems.
- Spacecraft Avionics and Software Architecture.
- Core Flight System (cFS) Software Framework.
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule